Thursday, August 17, 2006


Steve Laffey Has A Depressing Life


We're not sure if the folks at Red Sea want us to vote for Steve Laffey or just feel sorry for him.

Here's the text of the TV spot called "Serious" probably because the title "So Depressing You'll Want To Hang Yourself" wouldn't fit on the slate.

STEVE LAFFEY: Politics should be about solving problems, not serving special interests.

I lost a brother to AIDS. My parents live on Social Security and Medicare, and Dad suffers from Alzheimer's.

(Text on screen: John & Mary Laffey)

Every day career politicians in Washington raid the Social Security trust fund to pay for their pet projects and their special interest deals.

As your senator, I won't stand for it. I'm Steve Laffey. I approve this message because it's time we stood up for what's right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And has he turned out to be the shining hope for change?